1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NL West Baseball Writers Needed

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by zooped, Mar 21, 2011.

1. zooped

zooped New Member

NL west Baseball Writers

Writers Duties:

Write and post at least 3 750 - 1000 word articles a week on your assigned team
    Stories must be then sent out on twitter / facebook and whatever outlets are provided or suggested
    All 3 articles can not be posted on the same day they must be broken up throughout the week.
    (3 is the minimum required) you can write and post as often as you like

Compensation:
    Writer will receive 10% of revenue earned from ads placed on their assigned team page & 2 advertisement areas one above the fold and one beneath for personal use.

Writer can sell their advertisement real estate to 3rd party advertisers during their duration of their contract. *Note ads must be approved by rotoinfo.

Writer will have to sign a contract with rotoinfo.com that will run throughout the baseball season including playoffs / world series if applicable.

Team page URL example http://www.rotoinfo.com/phillies

Most recent article will be posted in the left column above the fold and the archive is placed beneath the fold in the right column. Please look @ screenshot

Each team page comes with their own twitter page http://www.twitter.com/roto_phillies and stories will be posted on the main rotoinfo.com url and twitter page driving traffic to your team page for maximum visibility.

The more articles that are written and shared, tweeted, facebooked, digged etc the more the writer will have the chance to earn.

Please send 2 samples of your writing a link to your twitter / facebook, contact information and what teams you are interested in writing for / list your top 3 team choices rotoinfo@gmail.com or jobs@rotoinfo.com

Sample of what the team page will look like below

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. akneeland

akneeland New Member

I've seen this movie before. A warning to potential applicants: Your compensation could be pennies/hour.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Would be easier to take you seriously if you could upload an image correctly.

Actually, no, it wouldn't.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This again? There has to be better work out there.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hey Zooped,

Maybe you should register those Twitter handles! Because I just checked and you don't have them! Don't worry. Since you played so nice earlier I decided to be a sport and register them for you. So when the time comes and you want the handles let me know. I'll charge you $50 per handle I've created. You can reach me on Twitter @roto_giants

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. zooped

zooped New Member

Here's the list of twitter pages http://www.rotoinfo.com/rss.php

As you can see they are all there with followers and linked back to their proper team page url

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Good for you... 84 followers on that Giants page should really be vital for your NL West writer to achieve "maximum visibility"

8. zooped

zooped New Member

Exactly the twitter page is only 3 weeks old and baseball season didn't even start yet..

It's just one of the features we provide for our team pages.

Thanks for continuously visiting the site Mustang we appreciate all the feedback.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Definitely not worth the amount of work they want you to put in.

And an even bigger joke, they want a contract for this.

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Ugh...barely

11. Closer

Closer New Member

Really! Thats all you got :(

12. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

When do your writers start writing?

Draft saved Draft deleted