1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NJ's No.1 girls team DQ'd from state tournament

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 28, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/hssports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1172554838283840.xml&coll=1

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Crushing blow, hell.

Highland Park had to forfeit its Texas wrestling championship yesterday and I did a cartwheel.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Tough blow for those girls but it's hard to argue because of the rules. That being said, why would the association put a limit on the number of games a team can play?

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

No Pass, No Play has led to the downfall of many a team in the state of Texas.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Further into the story, the coach -- who should know the rules -- lays it all on the AD for overscheduling.
    She acts like an innocent here when they're both idiots.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Won't somebody think of the children?

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Here's a good follow-up column on the situation
    http://www.nj.com/columns/ledger/politi/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/1172641458286130.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Because some coaches want to run their teams all over the world in the name of "exposure" and "experience". Forget school and actually attending classes, there's this tournament, that tournament, the multi-state shindig in Metropolis where three of the top seven teams in the USA Today rankings are playing, with college coaches all over.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm green with that idea.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I like the name Shabazz for a high school.

And of course it's a crushing blow. They were kicked out of the tournament. I'm pretty sure that statement can stand on its own.

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

This story definitely matters. If it were in Northeast Ohio, however, it would irrelevant. ;D

Edited to add the smiley face so as to not beat a dead horse into the ground and hopefully make spnited laugh.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Amazing how some douchebag assholes can throw irrelevant comments onto any thread and think they're being funny.

Don't you have some poor losing Cleveland team to cry about today, asshole.

Draft saved Draft deleted