1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NJCAA tourney in Hutchinson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JakeandElwood, Mar 16, 2009.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I can't be the only sjer who's going to be there, right?

Driving through the middle of nowhere now and should be good to go for the start tomorrow. Hope to see a few of you there.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My paper would've been there, but thankfully our women's team lost in the regional final.

Have fun. I've heard there is a lot to do in Hutchinson. ::)

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Thankfully, we're not there, either. The local juco's men's team was eliminated one step away.

4. JakeandElwood

I'm actually looking forward to it. Should be some good basketball. I'm also interested in why they determine the first round games by region instead of seeding like the women's tourney. That has the two best teams in the tourney (Chipola and Southwest Tennessee) playing in the first round and unranked teams playing each other too. Seems kind of strange.

5. JakeandElwood

I've heard the IHOP is delicious and the hospitality room is good too. Other than that ...

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Take it from someone who had an internship at the News a few summers ago....you'll make the trek to Wichita for something decent to do.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

EMCC (Scooba Tech) had its women (25-5 ??) advance to the 16-team NJCAA Tourney.
    A good friend is SID there and was lamenting the long bus trip.
    He was geeked about what the team had done to get there, though.

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Jake/Elwood,

Miss. Gulf Coast is up there for the first time in more than 15 years.

Little guard named Justin Ray can play. Think he's going to MTSU. But watch out for Isaiah Jackson, a 6-7 blur from Texas who sometimes plays the point.

Dude's a good quote, too.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

J_M, I think Jones would've beaten MGC out if their star player, Trenton Marshall, hadn't gotten busted for weed the night before the state finals and was suspended. JCJC won that game anyway, since it was at their gym, but they sure missed him at the regionals. With Marshall, they were a national championship contender; without him, they were just another pretty good team.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Me and my dad were going to watch the late game tomorrow night; (Garden City vs. Highland College, Ill.)

3 hour drive one way.

Leave at 5, there at 8-8:15......back home by 2:30.

We'll wait til the weekend.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

One and done.

You got a BCS Championship Game to come back and play. :D

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Shoulda brought your Xbox 360 with you. If you were truly committed, you'd play the game on press row.

Draft saved Draft deleted