1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nine-year old apparently commits suicide at school

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bad Guy Zero, Jan 22, 2010.

1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Similar situation happened to me in eighth grade. I was the stereotypical nerdy, shy awkward kid, and there was a guy that kept trying to goad me for weeks. One day after class, he pushes me from behind, i hit the deck, books go flying, etc.

I got up to see him pointing and laughing. One right cross and a broken nose later, he wasn't laughing any more.

Despite the fact that there were multiple witnesses saying he started it, I got the stiffer punishment: Four weeks membership in the Breakfast Club, to just three for the bully. I also got a lecture from the AP about how disappointed he was with me, violence was never the answer, yadda yadda yadda.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You should have put her in a choke hold and dragged her over to your bike and shown her how they broke it.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fuck that. Violence is sometimes the answer. Good for you; you did the right thing.

And what a typical boneheaded move by the school - send the bully and the (intended) victim to Breakfast Club together.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Wish I had thought of that. Thanks.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

If she still lives in the same place, a good upper-decking may yet be an appropriate retaliation. :)

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That was a long time ago. She's probably dead by now.
    She also had some dogs, dobermans or something like that. Despite the leash law that we had in our town, she didn't keep them on a leash and years later, when I'd go running, I'd go past her house and the dogs would come out onto the street, barking at me, despite my obvious lack of resemblance to a burglar.
    I don't begrudge them the right to protect their property, but people should be able to walk or run past their house without having to worry about being mauled by dogs.

Draft saved Draft deleted