1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nike Launches Offensive Sneakers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

So you are the arbiter of who can be offended and who can't? No one was alive for slavery, either. And we're going to be out of Holocaust survivors at some point. When the last one dies, will Holocaust shoes be OK?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So says Doc who was so offended by SJ that he started his own site and now comes back to lecture us.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Gotta get over it some time. Why live your life in the past?

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I don't know. It's not up for me to decide. These shoes don't offend me, either. But it's not for me to say they shouldn't offend anyone.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I hear they're also planning on releasing a line of red sneakers in southeast Asian markets. Their tentative name is "Khmer Rouge." Anybody got a problem with that?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Better yet a pair of all white KKK sneakers.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I look forward to the "Air Lynching," with a nice big Confederate flag next to the swoosh.

Oh, and my grandfather emigrated from Northern Ireland, leaving his family and everyone he knew behind, because he was politically active and needed to escape the kind of bullshit perpetrated by the Black and Tan back then. He missed his home desperately. So, while acknowledging the authority your red beard gives you, I'm not going to give Nike a pass on using "Black and Tan" to fucking sell shoes.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Remember that the next time you have a Harp and Guiness together.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I thought the offended group would be people who got ticketed by the Tennessee Highway Patrol.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, one of our local bars is advertising a special on Irish Car Bombs.

Oddly, it didn't have $5 Lynching Lemonades during Black History Month. Or a shot called Smallpox Blankets during Native American History Month.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think these thin skinned whiny assholes should shut the fuck up.

Christ, at least we're not the only nation of wusses.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Close enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted