1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nike Back Your Block program

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MrYouth, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'll go to this web site when you let me see Lebron get dunked on.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I might care. :D

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Dang. We just had a meeting about this two weeks ago and were told to encourage local (deserving) organizations to apply for it. I'm surprised someone from Nike would post it on this board. I mean, I work for Nike but never did I think to advertise it here or anywhere for that matter.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Sorry, we're an And One website, so tell your story walking.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And1!?!

Does this mean I have to stop wearing Birkenstocks? (Don't answer that, IJAG.)

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Back to the original post. I think we're being a bit harsh. I mean, some people would concentrate on the fact that Nike had sales of $19.5 billion last year or that it made a profit of $1.635 billion, when thinking about the company, but as MrYouth helpfully pointed out they are very charitably investing $650,000 in youth sports grants.

And isn't that worthy of our adulation? When was the last time any of YOU donated .000000003 (or something like that) of your income to a particular charitable endeavor and didn't hire a PR firm to have someone register on a media message board just so you could get some good press from it?

Lighten up everyone, OK?

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I am so damned lame that I forgot it was 1 and not One. As if I needed proof that I left the 18-34 demo this year.

I WILL say this: if the money is going to reclaim blocks taken over by Crocs, I am all in.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'm just wondering if I can get out of my contract with Keds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.