1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nifong ethics trial on Court TV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jun 12, 2007.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

If the players-and their families decide to sue everyone they should sue (and I pray they do), it'll be the first time Duke runs the table and goes undefeated in quite some time.

I hope they bring all those motherfuckers to their knees.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

True, that. Brodhead himself did a fine job of embarrassing Duke, with only minimal assistance from Nifong...

3. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Thank you, baby Jesus

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nifong disbarred ... too f_cking bad ...

5. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

YEAH BABY!!!!

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

When this whole thing came out, Feinstein was guest-hosting on Jim Rome's show going off on Broadhurst and his predecessor and saying how they were a bunch of morons.

At the time, I was totally thinking the comments were toolish. Now, I've been swung over to his side on this one.

7. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

Nifong should burn in hell.

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Eat shit and die, Nifong.

Better yet, next time I'm in North Carolina, I want to hear you utter these words:

"Welcome to Evans and Seligmann's House of Draft Beer, Wild Lacrosse Parties and Loose Women. I'll be your litigating host, well, not really. But if somebody cries fire! in a theater, or wrongly accuses somebody on account of the fact that they're filthy rich and go to an exclusive, snobby, academically challenging school, hey, I'm down. I'm down big time.

"Can I tell you about our specials?"

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Toolbag will probably go on the lecture circuit as America's Biggest Fuckup.

I'd say he'd write a book about the experience, but it'd go over about as well as Jayson Blair's.

See ya Nifong. Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

There IS a book that's about to come out from Duke's former lacrosse coach. I have a galley copy that I'm reading and will post my reactions on here.

And if Knifeong writes a book, the money will go to the kids whose lives were turned upside down.

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I agree ... except I watched it on FoxNews.

Funny how FoxNews is the only other cable news network other than CourtTV who felt this was important enough a trial to broadcast. Then again, it was also the only network looking closely at Nifong from the beginning and punching holes in his case. The other networks and a lot of newspapers really dropped the ball on this one.

This Nifong case and outcome as important if not more so than the original charges. This is a publicly elected official who did all he could to get three innocent men convicted so he could win votes on the race card and keep his cushy job. PAYBACK IS A BIATCH!

12. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

I believe Reade Seligman (sp.?) has actually said that he plans a career in criminal defense based on his experiences over the last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted