1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nifong ethics trial on Court TV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jun 12, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It's fun just to watch Mike Nifong squirm on live TV.

2. ondeadline

Seligmann is testifying now on Court TV.

3. This is why I love CourtTV and almost forgive it for launching Nancy Grace onto TV.

4. ondeadline

Nifong is on the stand now, although his lawyer is questioning him now, so I wouldn't expect fireworks yet.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Seeya, Mike.

AP story

6. John

John Well-Known Member

His community? How about the three lacrosse players, asshole?

7. They can crusade for the rest of their lives on behalf of the wrongly accused, the wrongly convicted, and innocent people ground up by reckless prosecutors and cowboy cops responding to heedless public demands for law and order.
    Or they can all go work on Wall Street.
    Wonder who'll do what?

8. There are several great attorneys (not Nifong) involved in this case. Joe Cheshire and Wade Smith are studs from way back. David Freedman, Nifong's attorney, is not a new kid on the block, but in the past few years been one of the up and coming defense attorneys in the state.

I am not defending Nifong, but I think one of the best decisions he made was to get Freedman. There are others, but he is a good choice in any situation. Class act all the way.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Or maybe they'll join the Republicans and win public office. You know, just to piss you off even more.

10. Also a more likely option than the first one.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

After watching the panel ring up guilty charge after charge this morning, my next step would be to sue Nifong for wrongful prosecution, and find nice little things to go after the president of Duke, Jesse and Al for as well...

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

You had to put gas on the fire, didn't you?  Fen brings the kerosene, so look the hell out!

We would like to thank Mike Nifong for participating in today's proceedings.  Please turn in your law license on your way out the door. 

Thank you. 

(It was laughable to see Dick Brodhead's response to Nifong yesterday on ESPN, admonishing him for embarassing the legal system and Duke University.  The sumbitch and his faculty has yet to formally apologize to the three students. It would be wise to do it one of these days, if they get around to doing it, those sanctimonious pompous Ivory Tower fuckers) 

Draft saved Draft deleted