1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nifong Apologizes, but where is Crystal Gail Mangum's apology

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jul 26, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The woman (no, I'm not going to do the shameful thing -- using her name) clearly was not treated like queen for a day. You bust on her, dozens of real rapes will go unreported because of fears of a similar busting.

2. No, of course not. Because I am a great straw man in your tiny little mind.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Houston, we have a fallacy.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Am I less than clear?

5. Well, I can see right through you.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

CRYSTAL GAIL MANGUM.
    RAPE FABRICATOR.

What SHE has done has critically damaged the credibility of actual victims of sexual assault, present and future. When cases are lost as a result, it's on HER ass.

The c-$#-t needs to be held to account for it.

The accused should sue her worthless ass to the moon. Of course they'll never collect a dime, but just to put it on the record.

7. Seriously now, do you think these guys want to put themselves through the discovery process of a major lawsuit, to testify to whatever DID happen that night? Despite the fact the rape charge was bogus, I don't think they want to, and I think that's also why she hasn't been prosecuted in criminal court yet either. There's no complaining witness.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What did you know
    I don't look different
    but I have changed

Seriously - I don't get it.

9. You're not the same....
    (One of the most underrated Beatles songs ever, and a great Steve Earle cover.)

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Since you're the source and fount of all wisdom of SportsJournalists.com, let us know when the tit-for-tat justice system has finally evened out, so cases can be judged on their own merits -- not some lame make-up calls for things that happened years ago.

11. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Shouldn't the DA's office -- or whomever is handling the case in lieu of a competent DA -- be considered the complaining witness? The burden is not on the wrongly accused once she starts the ball rolling by getting them arrested in the first place.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It happens NOW. Where you been?

Jesus, next thing you're gonna say is that everybody gets equal treatment in the justice system.

You need to get out more often.

Draft saved Draft deleted