1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nick Saban: For the love of God, SHUT THE F___ UP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 15, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

This Sunday Conversation is awe-inspiring in its egotism, even by Sunday Convo standards.

Nick, referring to himself in the third person, says he's all about honesty and being a good human being. He also continually refers to himself as Nick Saban.

What a sack of fucking shit. Does he EVER utter something believable?

2. WSKY

WSKY Member

Word. I lost respect for that guy when he bolted from Michigan State. The team was in the top 10, and he got on a plane and was off to LSU. What a jerk.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No. Get ready, Tuscaloosa. And get ready to swallow this crap, oh poor media in Alabama ...

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

When Mort asked him the first question about how he was contacted and was interested in the 'Bama gig, this one statement stood out to me about The Nick: "Jimmy told me that they wanted to talk to me, and I said I wasn't interested. Jimmy told me that they really wanted to talk to be because I was there #1 choice and wanted to speak with me before anyone else."

That's all The Nick wanted to hear: he's someone's #1 selection, so he'll listen to them. If he was their #3 choice, forget it. That's having a ego the size of elephant shit, for which he'll be buried under if he crosses the Crimson Tide Mafia.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I loved it when he said loyalty was important to him. Loyalty to whom?

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Oh, man, this stuff sounds rich. I'll have to YouTube it.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Since he's come to Alabama, believable is all a matter of perspective.

For every person -- including several Alabama fans -- who doesn't buy into his egotistical bullshit, there will always be members of the Bama Nation like this woman, ready to gurgle his jiz at a minute's notice...

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Even more hilarious listening to Mrs. Saban's speech.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Not to threadjack too much ... but just clicked on the link to Bear's "address to Alabama" after winning the AP title in 1961. Damn, his lips are about three seconds out of sync with his words.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't you be talkin bout Paul Bear Bryant like that...

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Holy shit, that's embarassing. Is there really that little to do in Alabama that they worship their team THAT much? Even an Eagles fan would say that's pathetic, and they cornered that market a long time ago.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

There's a help wanted sign at a coffeehouse down the street from me. Nick Saban says he is not interested in the job.

Draft saved Draft deleted