1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nice idea from Ozzie (not Oz)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 6, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

For all the crap and grief we give Ozzie Guillen for being a loose cannon, no one can ever say that he doesn't care about anyone other than himself. Since the majority of baseball players testing positive for PEDs are Latin American, Guillen took it upon himself to make a video for these players to help them understand the tricky language of the PED rules and what to avoid. Here's the story from MLB.com:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070606&content_id=2008853&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: Nice idea from the Oz-man

Damn, and I thought I was the one with the nice idea. :(

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Re: Nice idea from the Oz-man

That was my first thought, too, Oz.
    My second thought was: A good idea from Oz? Now that would be a first.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

He might not always say the right things, but at least his heart is in the right place. By doing this, he's done a shit-load more to help curb the PED-plague than McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, Palmiero and Giambi combined, and without testing positive for anything other than foot-in-mouth disease.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That probably would be a first, old man.

Draft saved Draft deleted