1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AMacIsaac, Mar 3, 2009.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Leopold to Calgary for Nycholat, a prospect and a draft pick, according to TSN.

2. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Leopold back to Calgary? Huh ... he was well-liked here. His last season here, I believe he didn't record a single goal and fell out of favour with Sutter, so his return is curious. But he's quick and moves the puck well, something the Flames really needed on defence.

Pittsburgh just cut a minor deal with St. Loo, too.

3. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Boys, let's try not to turn this into a 'who can post a trade the quickest' kind of thing. I think we're all watching a trade tracker of some sort.

Let's try to share some thoughts on a trade.

4. derwood

derwood Active Member

I don't get this one, Ottawa is going to have major cap issues this summer.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Maybe Ottawa's got something cooking, involving Spezza or Heatley. No inside information, just speculation.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Tellqvist to Buffalo for a fourth round pick.
    Buffalo needed a legit backup now that Miller is out with the high ankle sprain. Coyotes start the fire sale. Can't wait to see where Morris, Jovo and Jokinen go.

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I wouldn't mind Morris coming back here either. But Sutter has probably made his big move with Leopold.

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

In the 'WTF' department, Toronto has taken Martin Gerber off Ottawa's hands.

Burke must have something up his sleeve, right?

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

ESPN's E.J. Hradek is saying Colorado isn't going to move either Smyth or Hejduk.

I was thinking they could get some pretty good help for either, why would they pull them off the table when they're not going to make the playoffs. Give them some cap space, especially with Smyth, and help them build.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm sure no one here cares but me...but judging from what I've read Predators players saying, Nashville needs to go out and make a trade for another scorer; the team has climbed from 14th to 8th in one month, and to keep the momentum going the front office needs to show the team they are in it to win it.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

One of the few times I've actually got something right. I was tipped that Toronto would claim Gerber.

I think Toskala is hurt much worse than they've let on.

Draft saved Draft deleted