1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL to play in the house that Ruth built?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Are the Rangers the consensus NYC team? Or do the Islanders draw some loyalty from Queens and Brooklyn? Where do the Devils fit in, if at all?

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There's been some talk about a college game (or maybe a doubleheader) at Fenway Park. Not sure how that's coming along.

3. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

If the Red Sox and Yanks play hockey, ESPN will televise it.

4. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

If the Yankees and Red Sox have a shit-taking contest, ESPN would televise it.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

BU vs BC?

Better yet, hold the Beanpot tournament there. The place will sell out.

6. KP

KP Active Member

Yea, Fenway Sports Group wants to put it on so it would definitely involve BC, but no potential opponent had been considered, but if you are going to do an event like this it would seem that BU would be the logical choice. Unless BC wants a gimme win, you can always bring in Merrimack.

7. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

If the Red Soxand Yanks play hockey on ESPN, I'll watch it.

Not the shit-taking contest though ... the broadcasters will probably shameless promote it as a sport, just like they did to the hot dog eating contest, which, by the way, has contestants who would toast the Sox/Yanks in any shit-taking contest.

(Sorry for the nasty images)

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Maybe they could play the Beanpot there one year.

9. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

And I believe in Edmonton they found the ice a little soft at -20, mind you, it's a lot drier out there, so it might not feel that much warmer. Still, I don't know if you can have an outdoor rinkk and expect it to work too often.

As for the choice of teams, you'd like if it's at Yankee Stadium that it would be Rangers-Devils. Steinbrenner has a hand in the Devils, and you'd think if he has any control on Yankee Stadium that he'd want a bigger cut.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm a longtime Devils fan and former Garden State resident and the Devils typically don't fit in in NY. That being said, I'm glad.

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

Yes they do... just ask David Puddy on "Seinfeld" :)

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

You've gotta support the team!

Draft saved Draft deleted