1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL to KC?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I would say KC is dying for something new and a winner. Clearly a team would fulfill the first and could possibly with the second.
    I think Chicago, Colorado, MN and Det. would all be likely.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, because everybody knows Houston & Vegas are hockey hotbeads compared to Hamilton & K-W.

Hockey has been a disaster in Nashville. Absolutely no coporate support, minimal season ticket sales. And this with what was potentially a Stanley Cup contending team.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

When Bettman was on his insane "let's expand to the South" bullshit crusade, Houston would have been a smarter place to put a team than a lot of others. Folks there love their hockey. Always have.

But I'd far rather see another team in Canada for the health of the sport than in Houston. Much as my father and I would love to have an NHL team we could go watch together, putting a team in Houston doesn't strengthen the league the way another Canadian team would.

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

That's BS. A disaster? Hardly.

I love you Canadians. When arenas in Calgary and Edmonton are empty, it's because sophisticated hockey fans are rejecting a bad on-ice product. When arenas in the US are empty, it's because Americans don't appreciate hockey and we have bad hockey markets and the NHL should never have reached out beyond its Upper Midwest-New England-Canada base.

Draft saved Draft deleted