1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL 2014-2015 regular season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Toronto fired Randy Carlyle today. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Also starting to wonder if Mike Yeo might be next.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

But the biggest news out of Toronto is Phil Kessel lipping off another reporter ...o_O

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Also watched Benoit Pouliot take one of the stupidest penalties I've seen in a long time tonight. Oilers rally to tie Detroit late in the third and then shit head spears a Detroit player behind the Red Wings net, gets a double-minor and Detroit of course scores on the power play. Edmonton loses 4-2. Dude is as useful as tits on a boar. Awesome five year $20 million signing MacT.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, that Forsberg for Erat trade seems like a giant fuck you to Caps fans from George McPhee. He should have been fired on the spot for that shit. At least Michael Latta seems like a swell guy?

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

That was a great exchange. Followed on NHL Network by Ron Wilson confirming what the writer asked about Kessel's inconsistency.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He asked beacuse of Wilson's previous comments on Toronto morning radio.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Was that it? I wasn't sure which came first, if Wilson was commenting on Kessel's reaction or if he volunteered it spurring on the question in the scrum, because Wilson was never brought up in the orginal exchange with Kessel, and one would think it would have been the immediate fall back for the reporter who asked the question, to give it context. It took until today's scrum with Kessel for this to be brought to Kessel's attention.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Wilson was on the AM show in Toronto prior to practice that day.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I know it won't happen, but John Tortorella to the Leafs would be hilarious.

Beef03 likes this.
  10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I cannot wait for Leafs media/fans hearts to be broken when Babcock decides to stay in Detroit after this season, even taking less money. Why any coach with legitimate options elsewhere would choose the Maple Leafs is beyond me, unless he grew up a fanboi.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The challenge.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If he wants a challenge there are far less dysfunctional franchises to go to that will be looking for a new coach with plenty of money to make him the highest paid head coach in the league.

Draft saved Draft deleted