1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL 2014-2015 regular season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Keefe has done a great job in the Soo - and Dubas deserves a ton of credit for hiring him when nobody else in the O would - but I don't know how quickly he will be with MLSE. I suspect Steve Spott will go back to the Marlies next season (whoever gets the Leafs job will wants his own assistants).

Simmons' book on the Danton mess was great even if I felt like having a shower after every chapter.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Because I know you're interested, O Goaltending One, just wanted to let you know that I lost my playoff semifinal last week. Lack goaltending killed me -- all three of my goalies (Brian Elliott is the other) had GAAs north of 3.00 and save percentages south of .900. I lost all four goalie categories and lost the match 5-4.

The only consolation is the No. 2 seed lost, too, so it wasn't just me, and we get our 1 vs. 2 matchup in the third-place game.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled NHL thread.

Liut likes this.
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

A month or so ago when we were having this discussion, I down-played Pittsburgh but you may turn out to be prophetic regarding the Pens.

Darryl Sutter doesn't like the term "must-win" but that's what Los Angeles has tonight. I'm torn. Calgary's a tremendous story but I've been following the Kings for more than 40 years.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The scariest person is the one without a costume.

And Liut, I'm with you on tonight's Kings-Flames game. Hard to say which is more surprising: Calgary in the playoff chase, or the Kings almost eliminated.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

And just for fun:

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Time to be fanboi, Go Kings Go!

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I know it's not the NHL, but in the Frozen Four championship game, Providence was down 3-2 in the third to Boston U. BU goalie catches a puck in the air with nobody around him, looks to unload it, can't decide where, then drops it, it goes between his legs and ends up in the net. One of the most weird goals you'll ever see.

3-3 with seven minutes to go.

EDIT: and Providence just took the lead after a BU timeout with 6:15 left.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was a tough one on that poor kid. Providence really owned the last period, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted