1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NH Official: "That N***** In The Whitehouse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hope this is not a DB. Checked etc etc

Big controversy in Wolfeboro NH ( summer home of Mitt Romney)
    The police commissioner was overheard in a local restaurant referring
    to Obama with the N word.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2014/05/18/ddd9aa1e-dede-11e3-810f-764fe508b82d_story.html

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

As the chief says, Obama does meet and exceed the criteria.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Is the commish going to have to pay a fine and sell the police force?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Washington Post considered Kermit Gosnell, the most prolific serial killer in American history, to be a "local crime story".

But, someone, somewhere, referred to the President using the N-word and that's news?

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Come on YF - you know the score, this is America, where whiny assholes are more concerned about being offended than being assaulted or murdered.....

I can't wait until the death penalty and a March on Washington are ordered after someone is in a bar and utters, "boy I am glad the Rams finally cut that F-word (rhymes with bag it)....."

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Spell it out, coward.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No way, we are a nation that has criminalized words and made people so scared that we have created special categories of words so bad, we must use an abbreviation.... "The N-Word!!!"" EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Does the Post not attempt to be the paper of record for the D.C. political establishment? Remind me again where Barack Obama currently lives and works?

(That's mostly devil's advocate on my part. There are no doubt hundreds of retrograde assholes saying similar things about the president every day, including elected officials. Don't know why this one is national news.)

Also, did the Post actually use the "local news" explanation WRT Gosnell? I know it was discussed here in that way, but I wasn't aware that they'd actually said that.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Maybe the Wolfeboro PD will refuse to direct traffic until Copeland
    resigns.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/04/11/Post-Reporter-Gosnell-is-Just-a-Local-Crime-Story

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, it sure did. Yeesh.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/15/the-gosnell-case-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

All I'll say about the OP is there's a racist in every nook and cranny of this country. The fact that it's an elected official who then doubled down when called on it makes it pretty newsworthy. Let him own it.

“I believe I did use the ‘N’ word in reference to the current occupant of the Whitehouse,” Copeland said in a subsequent e-mail to his fellow police commissioners, which he forwarded to O’Toole. “For this, I do not apologize — he meets and exceeds my criteria for such.”

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Thanks, YF and MC. Hadn't seen that. And it is cringeworthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.