1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFLers may have to get a *&@#% haircut!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

What if it's a cultural thing or is this to be an absolute rule? Chris Simon (NHL) wears his hair long in deference to his Ojibwa heritage.

I can't imagine the NFL wanting the kind of publicity/legalities that would go along with forcing a player of certain descent to cut his hair.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good work Doc. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Nothing like a reference only us two loosers will get. :D

4. I don't get every Simpsons reference, but those I remember

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, they're not forcing anybody to do anything. They are free to seek employment elsewhere if they don't want to get it cut.

Or the players can keep paying fines. The penalties for violating the rule would also be important in judging something like this.

Yes, it's stupid. But the NFL has been pulling stupid stuff like this for decades. I remember the battles with Jim McMahon and Pete Rozelle back in 1985 over McMahon's headbands. I'm sure somebody here can come up with instances even before that.

I understand the argument that if players like Polamalu want to risk getting yanked down by their hair, that should be up to them. That's how I feel personally. But the NFL can always cite something like a uniform violation (the hair covering up the name on the back of the uniform perhaps?) to get this done if the league really wants to.

Draft saved Draft deleted