1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wk 10 Thread: Slash can punt/pass/run/receive/be subject of Internet rumors

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Is Aikman aroused? It's like they told him to make love to the camera and he actually sprung wood.

And what the hell is John Elway looking at?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He fell hard after his appearance in The Client.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You know, that pix really drives home that, all the bullshit aside, Favre has had a remarkable career. He was a contemporary of two well-known QBs who haven't played in years. It seems like Aikman's been an announcer for a decade at least.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Wk 10 Thread: Slash can punt/pass/run/receive/be subject of Internet rum

Good point, TV. I know it's fashionable these days to heap scorn on Favre, and, Lord knows, I've done my share. But he really has been a great pro quarterback, and as he showed this past Sunday, even at age 41 and at maybe -- maybe -- half of what he once was, he's better than a lot of the guys playing QB in the league right now. Whether that says more about the overall low quality of quarterback play these days is debatable. Nevertheless...

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

John Kasay is the only other member of the the 1991 draft class still active

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

This isn't a rant about your post in particular albert, but as long as I can remember watching (and covering) football, lamenting about the number of quality quarterbacks "these days" has been in vogue. Truth is quarterback is such a tough position to play and you have to really be quite good just to be considered "decent" and that's always been true. I've never been alive where more than 10 or so QBs were considered good.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

nmmetsfan: When I was a tad of a lad, a little kid back in the late 1950s, when the NFL had only 12 teams and there was no AFL yet, there were STILL teams whom everyone, even little kids, knew had bad quarterbacks and wouldn't win for that reason. One of those teams was the Browns, who only had Jim Brown, but Dan O'Connell and Milt Plum spelled "we can't beat the Giants."
    So I think your estimate of 10 or more is generous on the high side.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

A-hem.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Cutler is adequate enough to have beaten the Packers, damnit!

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I wouldn't call McNabb a Hall of Famer, and it's certainly too early to put Rivers and Rodgers in that discussion. I'd argue that the adequate list isn't really all that adequate.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I put my list this way. Guys if they're my quarterback, I'm not looking to upgrade until my hand is forced by injury, retirement, or drastic performance skid due to age.
    Brady, Manning, P., Rivers, Brees, Roethlisberger (special circumstance, since I think it's just a matter of time until Ben is in terminal legal trouble, I would be looking, but only for that reason), Rodgers.
    Other than that, there are guys I could live with, with varying degrees of happiness, ranging from pretty darn happy (Eli, Schaub) to "meh, but tearing it up to start over sucks worse" (McNabb, Romo). Then comes the unproven (large list), then there are the bums. Orton, Palmer, and Garrard, I'm drafting a QB no lower than the third round every year until I find a replacement.

12. wkhogaly

wkhogaly New Member

Troy Aikman what a joke get him off that poster doesn't deserve to be on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted