1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9: Tony Romo's broken pinky

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Oct 28, 2008.

1. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I didn't say they were bad. Or didn't have a solid defense. Anderson stinks on the road, he threw two picks that turned into 14 points within one minute in Baltimore, which obviously crippled the Browns. It should be a good game, but I think the Browns should win home games. They've won three of four now. I'm not saying they're a playoff team, but they're not as bad as their start indicated.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree that the Browns are better than they looked the first few weeks, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they should beat the Ravens. Baltimore's defense is still really good and Flacco is fine as long as he has time to throw. Has the Browns' pass rush improved that much?

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm trying to remember who all the columnists were (PK, who I like, was one) who accused the NFL owners of racism as the only explanation that Cotrell didn't get a head coaching job, despite the fact that his resume didn't really merit one.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Want to trade me for Pennington in CIAFL? :D

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Umm, I have Big Ben and the foxxxy Kyle Orton, who has somehow led me to the top of Idiotdom this season.

EDIT: and by Big Ben, I mean Kurt Warner. Jesus...I'm winning with two great quarterbacks :D

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have Pennington and Peyton and Kerry Collins.

7. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Browns are giving 1.5 right now. I'm just saying, the Browns are good enough to where they should beat 4-3 teams with a rookie quarterback at home.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good bit by Fatsis on the new NFL economy and how it relates to the Steelers/Rooneys situation ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/02/sports/playmagazine/112colbiz.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&ref=sports&pagewanted=all

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So apparently Mike Singletary is nuts:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3673441

This flameout's going to hit supernova by the end of the season.

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

It's disappointing that Clark has been overshadowed at both of his stops, first by Sean Taylor and now by Polamalu. He's an underrated player, probably because he's more of a heady kind of guy. He's also one of the truly nice guys out there, one you would be happy to point to as a role model.

I don't know that I like the Redskins to win. They're awfully beat up - Portis, Springs, Samuels, Griffin, Taylor, Washington, Kendall, Moss all are banged up to some degree and Taylor's already been ruled out. All of Pittsburgh's opponents have put pressure on Roethlisberger; who's going to do that for the Redskins? Carter's the only threat along the line, so I imagine he'll see the TE a lot or get chipped a lot. After that, there's Evans and Golston inside; both have played well, but I don't see either getting consistent pressure.

And Portis, I don't know how long that can take the pounding he takes. He's been sitting out practice with hip/ankle problems for the past two weeks.

The Redskins need that bye week desperately.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Clark is definitely a very big part of that defense in Pittsburgh. I mentioned it briefly on one of threads that the injury situation is going to have a very big impact on Monday's game. The Steelers finished the game against the Giants without four starters on offense (Simmons, Holmes, Parker and Smith) and three on defense (Clark, McFadden and Woodley) due to injury or suspension. Holmes will be back and Woodley should be fine, but Simmons is out for the season, McFadden for at least another four weeks and I would be surprised if Clark or Smith plays.

Still, should be fun to watch the guys who manage to be on the field.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about the particulars of the situation of ownership for a team such as Green Bay, but aren't there shares of the team available to the public? I'm guessing that you don't buy shares in the Packers hoping for a return on your investment like you'd buy shares of Microsoft, correct?

Is something along these lines a viable option for the Rooneys? I'd love some insight from folks who are knowledgeable in these things.

Draft saved Draft deleted