1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, Oct 29, 2013.

1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

He's 6 years younger than Fitzgerald and more explosive than he ever was. There's at least seven guys I'd take ahead of Fitz at this point.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Locks for me are Calvin, Fitzgerald, and Julio Jones. I'd consider Victor Cruz and Brandon Marshall, too. That's probably it.

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I don't expect him to be in anyone's top 10 but at some Jordy Nelson needs to be acknowledged. He makes some amazing catches week in and week out, but never gets the love that even Greg Jennings did. I have no problems saying he's a better WR than Jennings was.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Megatron is so much better than every other receiver it is laughable.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

He was referring to Dez, I think. But Fitz is healthy about 10% of the time, so I'm factoring that into my list.

6. JackReacher

I think he meant Bryant.

7. JackReacher

That might be a bit much, but he's definitely on his way to being better than Jennings was.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I apologize. I stand corrected.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Jennings was great because he and Rodgers and an awesome knack for knowing what the other was going to do. Nelson and Jones make many more "wow" catches than Jennings did, but Jones still gets the dropsies a lot. If we're factoring blocking into the equation, Jennings is useless compared to Nelson. And I'd put Nelson's ability to tight rope the sidelines against anybody in the league. The obvious argument against him is that he has Rodgers, but some of the balls he comes down with are amazing no matter who is throwing it, and he does it on a weekly basis.

That said, my unsolicited top 10:

Calvin Johnson
    Dez Bryant
    Julio Jones
    A.J. Green
    Demaryius Thomas
    Brandon Marshall
    Victor Cruz
    Jordy Nelson
    Antonio Brown
    DeSean Jackson

Thomas and Jones are beasts with YAC. The obvious missing name is Fitz, but it just seems like he is always hurt now and I can't say I'd want him on my team above any of these guys. Percy Harvin and Randall Cobb are just on the outside when healthy, and Andre Johnson is still pretty good even aging.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

IllMil, that argument with Witten as the Cowboys were losing the game is Code Blue baggage. A screaming fit with a coach I could take in stride, but one with another star player is real trouble.

11. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

The audio from the tirade would seem to support what all the Cowboys players are saying. Much ado about nothing, IMO.

12. JackReacher

His tirade emcompassed more than the 30-second audio clip, right? Have we heard audio of what he was saying to Witten and Ware? Or any of the others?

Draft saved Draft deleted