1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 thread: For God's sake take a knee, Pisarcik

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Nov 2, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Man, you really are going to be pissed when the Jets lose to the Lions this week.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Without football Harrison is standing at a bus stop on his way to his parole officer, wearing a hoodie, smoking a Newport with a backwards Yankees hat.

3. 93Devil

So would 1/4th of the NFL.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

probably more.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But it is just so damn funny that he said it.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

At this point, it seems the Vikings need their own running daily disaster thread, and I hate myself for not starting it.

Today's news....Percy Harvin has to be restrained by teammates during heated exchange with Childress:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5776770&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5776770

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

"Hey Zigi, fire this fucking idiot!" -- comment from Vikings fan, maybe Rosie :D, picked up by FOX microphones at halftime.

Skol Vikings!

8. 93Devil

Beautiful TD run by McCoy, and it was even sweeter because a NE DB just got lit up on the play. [/thanksredzone]

9. 93Devil

If that was an illegal hit on Carolina against Colston, then they need to totally rewrite the rulebook.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

As many of you may have noted, I have been advocating Childress' dismissal for several years now. I can't take credit for the comment picked up by FOX microphones, but I wholeheartedly agree!

11. 93Devil

Suh just tried an extra point for the Lions.

Am I the only one here?

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Necronomicon Suh blasted it off the upright.

That's why it's stupid for NFL teams to almost exclusively use punters as holders. If your kicker gets hurt, the logical person to kick in their place is the punter, but they can't since he's the holder. Not to mention, if the snap is bungled, a backup QB can better deal with the situation than a punter can.

I've never figured out why more NFL coaches haven't figured that out.

Draft saved Draft deleted