1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9: Shane Matthews coaches at Tebow High

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 30, 2012.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He probably could own a strip club for that price.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That is pretty amazing... Smith deserves a lot of the criticism he gets, but I can't imagine anyone being able to criticize him for how he played last night.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Check the post two above yours, Mizzou. Alex just isn't going to win in some circles. He can win the Super Bowl and it's going to be "yeah but Montana and Young won in blowouts!"

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Given that Harbaugh started his career as a much-maligned first-round pick who looked headed to bustville, and then caught a spark later in his career, I can imagine that what he did for Smith wasn't just about mechanics. It was about understanding what was going on in Smith's head.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So, do Steven Jackson or DeAngelo Williams get traded?

One of the sites said Williams could be had for a No. 2. I don't think he's worth that.

6. 93Devil

Let's get to the Super Bowl first.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Smith is better than Cutler but maybe not better than Wilson for long? Get the Wilson love out of the way. The kid won't be a regular starter in two years. Smith also will never have Cutler's talent. Now as far as whether he's "better," I'd like to hear that argument. Both are among the winningest QBs in the league since the start of last season.

8. LongTimeListener

Yeah I'd be shocked if he fetches more than a 5. I don't see any team that is both stupid and still in contention. I do think he'd be a match for Green Bay or Arizona, but neither of those is going to pay that much.

9. 93Devil

I wonder what Pittsburgh would have done for one of these guys before Dwyer started to step up.

Jackson would be a easy HOFer is he played for almost any other organization. The guy was a beast.

10. LongTimeListener

Alex definitely should have run out there and tackled his punt returner before the guy had a chance to field that bouncing ball in regulation in the NFC championship. He did fail on that play.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I certainly am not saying Smith is the reason the Niners lost. Would have liked to see more than 1 completion to the WRs for 3 yds though.

12. 93Devil

OK, then let's score more than 17 points in regulation.

He has shortcomings as a quarterback. More than many. Is he good enough to win it all for them? Maybe. Time will tell.

But in no way shape or form is he anywhere near Montana, Young or even Garcia.

Draft saved Draft deleted