1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Interception, Vick.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Viva La Vickball!!

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The 'Skins-'Boys game was unreal.

Oh, by the way....

[​IMG]

See ya later, Idiot Kicker.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

KC was the beneficiary of a couple of questionable calls, most notably the offensive interferece on Bruce and the defensive interference on Coakley on the final KC scoring drive.

But a win's a win. Fuck St. Louis. :)

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Explain to me how that's Vanderjagt's fault. The whole left side of the line gives way, and it's his fault the ball got blocked? Please.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

When you're a drunk Canadian, it's always your fault :D

Seriously, that one's not his fault. Vanderjagt is money during the regular season as long as his line holds, which didn't happen this time.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Broncos drive right down the field, touchdown.

Santanio Holmes fumbles away the ensuing kickoff, Broncos score on another Jake Plummer touchdown pass. Something about wearing the Steelers' No. 10 jersey must translate into turnovers.

Denver's up 14-0 before Big Ben even trotted onto the field for the first time. Ugh.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yeah, that call on Bruce was AWFUL, and probably the turning point of the game. Kind of reminded me of the many B.S. penalties over the years called on Tony G.

9. As a lifelong skins fan, even I can say, that's total bullshit ... but I'll take it.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Can't take sarcasm, eh, hoser?

Geez, it's a joke. Can't be that fucking hard. And yes, he's still an idiot.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yards - Gonzalez led all NFL TEs before this week. Had 63 more today.
    First downs - Gonzalez had 22 before today, leading NFL TEs. Had a couple more today.
    Receptions - 33 before today (had six), trailing only 'da soldier.
    Touchdowns - Gonzalez had one before today, but had two more today.
    Yards after contact - Ask San Diego about that.
    Run/pass blocking - Gonzalez in a landslide.

I'll still take Tony G over Gates BBQ and Alge Crumpler any day. Not everything's about fantasy football.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And now the Steelers got for it on a fourth-and-2 from the Denver 41 and pick up 35 yards ... before Cedrick Wilson fumbles the ball away at the Broncos' 6. So it's like a nice punt.

Whatever the reason, this team cannot catch a break.

Draft saved Draft deleted