1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 5, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy shit.

I've seen dead people who looked better than Al Davis.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Is anyone liking Wilbon in the booth?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

OW MY NUTS!!!!!

That was pretty painful looking.

In other news, does anyone find it funny that Ken Hamlin, the dumbass nearly murdered outside a bar last year, is the idiot leading the taunts from the bench?

And Joe Theismann says the Raiders are now a classless operation. Hey Joe. It's the OAKLAND RAYYYYYYYYYYYDAAAAAAAAAAHSSSSSSSSS. They've always been a classless operation.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Good God! What kind of rogues' gallery from hell is sitting in the Raiders' owner's box?

The only normal people were the ex-Raider (I assume) sitting behind Davis, judging by the paunch and face -- I'm guessing it's maybe Napolean Kaufman? Terry McDaniel? Bud Selig's dad is sitting to Davis' right.

Besides that? For starters, there's the hellish specter of Dracula's wives sitting behind Davis in the second row.

One had a beehive that would put Petula Clark to shame, only she looked like Nancy Sinatra after a 20-year whoring, coking and getting-occasionally-beat-up-the-mob phase.

The other had Carole King's current hairdo (a Flobee-like approximation of the Greatest American Hero's pubic hair) if you slapped it on the "choose wisely" Knight Templar from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Davis himself? If you don't mind the esoteric 80s reference, he looks like one of the creatures from crappy Brit sci-fi/fantasy movie Krull ... after they get killed.

He's got the same black eyes, same two-thirds decayed skin, same ... evil?

I think he's already been stabbed by a trident or something, if it wasn't raining in Seattle, and if Thiesmann and Kornheiser would shut the fuck up for two seconds, we'd hear this otherworldly squeal as Davis' eel-like carcass slithers its way back to Cali.

Lord almighty, even that kick to Jeremy Stevens' groin is less painful than laying eyes on that amalgation of ugly.

5. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

I don't know what was funnier tonight: seeing one NFL player knee another in the balls or hearing Jim Ross on WWF/E say the words "Big Dick Johnson."

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Two questions:

Is that horseshit game not over yet?
    Why are you loosers still watching it?

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I like the rogues' gallery in the stands. Some of these people are going to slither home and settle down with some black tar heroin.

The booth with Wilbon: It's moderately better, but only because it could not have gotten worse.

Kornheiser asked Bosworth earlier whose asses he could kick in Hollywood. The producer in the van needs to start setting off an air horn into TK's earpiece when he says stupid shit like that.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Because absolutely nothing else is on.

And in the past, I would have tacked on something about the Mayans finishing their game more quickly, but now that you've revealed this whole age thing to be a fraud, that wouldn't be any fun.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Didn't Seattle play a dud MNF game last year, too, when they scored like seven defensive touchdowns at Philly? Guess the Seahawks just don't make for good TV.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

There was snow in that game, though.

And no TK, Tirico or Theistard.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Will Al Davis have to die before the Raiders become competitive again?

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, this one's in the rain ...

Draft saved Draft deleted