1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Anybody that would hire Bill Simmons and feature his homer ass opinions prominently shouldn't be taken very seriously.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

It's Sunday morning on the East Coast and this thread has 8 responses. What the hell is wrong with you people?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

They shouldn't be considered at all.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

This question should get a few responses around here: After five straight wins, with a defense that looks for real and one of the better young QBs in the league (hi, oop!), who here thinks the Giants are for real? Personally, if they keep playing well, I see no reason they can't win the NFC. The Cowboys don't seem to be head and shoulders better than the Giants right now.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lions won't score more than 10.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think the Giants' defense is for real. But as a team? I'm not sure. Who have they beaten?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Whom have the Patriots beaten? The Giants have beaten the last five teams standing in their way; right now, that's all that counts. And besides, you're a Jets fan; you're just jealous. :)

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how happy I would be if a certain bunch popped ESPN's big hype balloon ...

9. pallister

pallister Guest

The Redskins?

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Some handicapper last night picked the Panthers to win, saying it would be a trap game for the Colts. I might be more inclined to believe him if Carolina didn't have a 63-year-old at QB. Who draws the assignment of blocking Freeney? It might be a long day for whomever it is.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Giants could win the NFC.....because the NFC sucks.

And I can't argue with your characterization of Manning. Just wouldn't even say he is the best quarterback from his own rookie class. :)

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It will likely be Travelle Wharton. The Panthers will have to get Brad Hoover to help out. Dwight Freeney is much too quick for Mike Wahle to slide over in time to help.

Hopefully, given how much time David Carr spent running for his life in Houston and away from Freeney twice a year, he might be able to give Vinny a tip or two on how to stay away from him.

Draft saved Draft deleted