1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Oct 27, 2015.

1. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Tom Brady GOAT

schiezainc likes this.
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Many of us will still support the team. We'll just revel in the old days and brag about how "Da Patriots are the best team ever" even when they're 2-14.
    Trust me. I was the guy junior year of high school who got shit on EVERY WEEK when they were 2-8 and getting beat by the Browns the year before they won the SB. I was one of about six actual Patriots fans in my class and would argue incessantly about how great Michael Bishop was as a quarterback.
    We're a loyal bunch. We're dumb but we're loyal.
    Just look at Red Sox/Bruins fans right now.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

But, wait, I thought all New England fans were born into it and are, therefore, awesome. Who are these mythical teens who were shitting on you every week in your New England-based high school? Sorry, not buying that a kid growing up in New England got shit on by other New England-born kids because the Pats stunk. Who were they all rooting for?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If you want to know about the NFL, you must go to ESPN IMMEDIATELY. Cris Carter and Stephen A Smith are talking NFL. Carter and Smith destroying civilization one syllable at a time

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've stopped watching ESPN, and those are two of the reasons. Bayless is a third.

heyabbott likes this.
  7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Chiefs-Lions in 10 minutes. Woohoo!

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What position do you play?

schiezainc likes this.
  9. heyabbott

Loose End?

schiezainc likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Fluffer.

JackReacher likes this.
  11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm looking for them along with the Celtic fans. They must be hibernating or waiting for the wagon to come around again.

12. heyabbott

Celltic fans became Clipper fans to follow that great Celtic and the Heir to Red, Doc RIvers.

Red and Doc share another interesting trait, both their nick names are ironic. Red was bald and Doc is an idiot

Draft saved Draft deleted