1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 thread: Oh Troy Aikman, where art thou?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Oct 26, 2010.

1. I'm glad Bush got his Lombardi. But the man . . . I'm sorry . . . the heisman trophy winner selected No 1 overall in the draft, contributed for less than 800 all purpose offensive yards in his fourth year in the league. Only went above 1,000, and barely at that, twice. Stud, he is not. For the drudging the Texans took for passing on this monster of a player, I'd say they were wise in saving their money. Offensive woes are not their issue.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bull. Houston got the better player. No question they got that pick right.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You just don't draft backs like him that high.

4. outofplace

That, too. More importantly, just because Bush was a role player on a Super Bowl team doesn't mean passing on him for a superior player was a mistake.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Aikman is on the very short list of most overrated players ever. He might even be no. 1. Without Emmitt and Irvin and that line he'd be Stan Humphries, at most.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I just clicked on this thread to type these exact words, "If the NFL Network ever has a Top 100 Most Overrated Players in NFL History show, Aikman has to be No. 1."

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

SHIT!!!! We're in agreement. Forget it, get me an Aikman jersey stat!!! :D

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Nice! Right down to the "I'm too cool to be interested" look on Cutler's face.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That thing is bullshit. He does always throw interceptions.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. outofplace

I'll argue with you if it makes you feel better. Not that Aikman isn't overrated, but it's not like he wasn't good. He was an extremely accurate passer, the perfect fit for a team that was going to give him time to throw.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That's absurd. I think he was the most indispensable of the 3 - he made it all work, putting the ball exactly where it needed to be, it seemed like every time. Granted, the O-line & Smith made his life easier, but I can't imagine any QB being better in that offense than he was (before he started aging).

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not a Hall of Famer. He was absolutely awful and completely undependable once Irvin got hurt and Smith lost a step. He was a good cog in a great machine during its prime who is Boomer Esiason if he doesn't play for "America's Team."

Draft saved Draft deleted