1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: Generic QB number, generic thread title, generic team name

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Plays like that reinforce my belief that someone eventually will get killed playing football. Dalton is sliding, giving himself up, so he's probably not bracing himself for that hit at all. Bostic should sit six weeks. That was a violent assault.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

How can you determine the quality of a team that is playing the Cowboys sans Prescott? The Redskins were up 22-3 at half time and trust me when I tell you the Redskins have a couple good pass rushers but otherwise absolutely suck.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The POS was tossed, obviously.

Should be getting a fine and/or suspension from the offices in Manhattan in the coming days.

And I can tell you Riverboat Ron cut players for far less than this in Charlotte. He should join the list of former players.

4. Sam Mills 51

Fitz has tormented just about every team he has faced. Can tell you one team that didn't do much to cover him in a playoff game. Guess that was a gift to help the Cardinals reach the Super Bowl.

5. Sam Mills 51

The continued evolution of equipment (i.e., helmets that do not shatter) and of man - bigger, faster and stronger - and you have a formula where these guys could kill each other if they are willingly reckless enough.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That Dalton hit is another example of why I now feel kind of shitty about watching football.

I watched a few college games yesterday and several times I heard the announcers whining about how terrible the targeting penalty is. A guy gets his head knocked off, the defender gets tossed and the announcers spend the next five minutes talking about how unfair it will be when the team is down a player for a half. “It looked like he was trying to lead with the shoulder!”

JC likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

I feel the same way about watching much of anything on the sports spectrum right now.

Maybe I'm on the wrong board to say this, but given the much bigger picture, I think shutting it all down right now will yield a better long-term gain for the short-term pain.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I'm assuming had the Cardinals held on Warner would've won the MVP, but Fitz had a damn good game.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I know it's honoring somebody or other, but every time I see that No. 8 patch on the Cardinals' black jerseys it reminds me of this:

[​IMG]

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’ve now watched a coach ice his own kicker.

Way to overthink it, dummy.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Before a second-down kick from 42 yards. With 3 minutes left in OT.

Draft saved Draft deleted