1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6: Saints guaranteed to win thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm still shocked they're 4-1.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

That offensive line will be their downfall. I don't see how Roethlisberger gets through this season in one piece. Especially with them having to throw more with all the RB injuries. Is Parker coming back anytime soon?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, the offensive line actually looked better against the Jags. Granted, some of that included more quick-hitting plays (finally) to save Roethlisberger some wear and tear, but when Mewelde Moore runs for nearly 100 yards, it must have done something right.

Re: Parker, he might return next week, maybe. They're going to need him with that brutal schedule ahead.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh I'm sure the diva will be fine. Every week we'll read about how his right arm is about to fall off, and every week he'll gut it out and throw for 300 yards.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Unless something changes, Parker will play next week against the Bengals. Supposedly, he was healthy enough to play against the Jaguars if he had to, but they didn't want to push it. They also have faith in Mewelde Moore, who had already proven that he can fill in and play well at the NFL level when he was with the Vikings. He was also a perfect fit for the game plan against the Jaguars because he is a much better receiver than Parker.

The surprise to me was finding out that Brett Kiesel returned to practice yesterday. The intial reports had him possibly being out until November. As long as Casey Hampton also returns for that game as expected, this is as healthy as the Steelers are likely to get.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08282/918208-66.stm

Oz, is it just me or has the offensive line looked a lot better without Kendall Simmons than it did with him? I agree that part of it was using more short passes, but I don't think that is the only reason.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The o-line looked better because they were not playing Baltimore or Philadelphia.

Just from looking at the league standings...

Atlanta has a chance to make a statement this week. If they knock off Chicago, they might be in the three-way tie for the division lead. That will be a very entertaining four-team run.

Denver could essentially knock Jacksonville out of the playoffs (down four losses to the Titans) this week.

I would love to see New England push San Diego deeper into the hole, but I cannot see that happening.

If Baltimore loses this week, it will make Pittsburgh's upcoming stretch of games a lot easier.

No way does Anderson finish the Monday night game for Cleveland.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was including the second half against Baltimore in the evaulation of the line. Jacksonville is not nearly as good on either line as it was last season. Cutler could put up 400 yards on that team.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Rooting hard for SD. A Dolphins win in Houston, the quintessential loss game after two huge wins, and the whole dynamic of expectations for the Dolphins changes.

And, with Edwards knocked fuzzy in Buffalo, a 3-2 Dolphins would be in contention for the division.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Only because Jason Hanson has enough leg to hit a 54-yard field goal.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

At least the Chiefs won't lose this week.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Gramatica out for the year with a groin injury:

http://www.sunherald.com/newsupdates/story/868730.html

Is this because Jeremy Shockey kicked him in the nuts after missing that field goal Monday?

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

If the thread title was going to reference how much the Raiders suck, it could also have been called the Marc Wilson thread.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted