1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This weeks sign of the apocalypse.

From WWL

Steelers DE Cam Heyward fined $5,787 for supporting his father, Craig 'Ironhead' Heyward, who died of cancer, on his eye black Monday night. Heyward is appealing.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The NFL has been very consistent about their uniform policy. VERY CONSISTENT. They don't allow deviations. Not for Ironhead Jr's dead daddy. Not for the other guy's breast cancer mom. Of all the things the NFL fucks up, I support them on this.

Because if they allow it once, IT WOULD NEVER FUCKING STOP. Eyeblack here. 16 game pink for this guy. Next guy would hang a brown ribbon around his ass because his dad died of colon cancer. The next guy would sharpie a big red heart on the front of his uni because his mom died of a heart attack.

You have 165 hours in a 168 hour week to do tributes to your dead dad, Ironhead Jr. Have at it.

3. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

They had already allowed it at least once, though, because the WWL or some other network ginned up a tearjerker segment about said eye black a week or two ago.

That being said, I support the crackdown.

4. poindexter

Good lord, these men are like teenage girl attention whores.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

As I recall they wouldn't let Peyton Manning wear high-top shoes in honor of Johnny Unitas.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Get a fucking tattoo. Problem solved.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'd accept your argument if it wasn't October and we weren't being subjected to loud pink for four weeks.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The NFL should just be honest and start airing PSAs blatantly asking mothers to keep letting their kids play football.

9. poindexter

And I assume we have Camovember coming next month. And as bad as Pintober and Camovember are, they are league-wide.

I just want less, not more.

Draft saved Draft deleted