1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5 thread: Josh Freeman is no longer the future

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Thursday
    TB (-4.5) at CHI

Sunday early
    LAR (-7.5) at WFT
    CAR at ATL (-2.5)
    BUF at TEN (NL)
    LV at KC (-13)
    ARZ (-7) at NYJ
    PHI at PIT (-7)
    CIN at BAL (-13)
    JAX at HOU (-6)

Sunday late
    MIA at SF (NL)
    IND (-1.5) at CLE
    NYG at DAL (-9.5)
    DEN at NE (NL)

Sunday night
    MIN at SEA (-7)

Monday night
    LAC at NO (-7.5)

Three no-line games due to Covid and various injuries ... LOL at Dallas giving 9.5 considering they're allowing 64.6 points per game. ... Also, that Indy-Cleveland line seems weird. Browns were a strangely public team last year but get no respect here. ... Could Buffalo really get to 5-0?

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Buffalo 18-0
    Allen and Diggs test positive
    Miss Super Bowl
    Lose 12-9 to the Seahawks

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Three more weeks till the Bears are 3-4.

RickStain likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bills-Titans could be played in a monsoon. The remnants of Delta are forecast to be in the Nashville area Sunday afternoon.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Two weeks in, I thought the Cardinals and Raiders were potential sleepers this season. If not to win their divisions, then at least to make the playoffs. Two weeks later, and I'm terrified to take them with a modest spread against an absolutely atrocious Jets team and a two-touchdown cushion against the Chiefs.
    It's a kaleidoscope league, man.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think you're underestimating how truly shitty the Giants are. One touchdown in three games. Them playing Dallas is like taking a virgin to a whorehouse to see how he reacts. They'll probably jizz in their pants in the first 30 seconds and get beat 35-10.

sgreenwell and Cosmo like this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What was your favorite memory of the Haskins era in Washington?

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Spartan Squad, TigerVols and Cosmo like this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Are the league's newly beefed up COVID-related penalties retroactive? Asking for a Titans fanboi.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

In all seriousness on Haskins, he never had a chance. He's been in multiple systems with multiple coaches, is young, and has very little in the way around him in weapons. He has McLaurin and nothing else at receiver. Logan Thomas, who played quarterback at Virginia Tech and some wideout at Brookville High School, is his tight end. He's got a decent rookie running back in Gibson. But to what end is this benching? Are you just giving up on him totally? For Kyle Allen? For a chance to win the NFC East and get waxed in the first round of the playoffs in a home game where you can't even have fans in the stands?

I just don't get it as a football move. This year is a throwaway. Dallas is the best team in the division and will eventually get its shit together to finish 7-9 or 8-8 and win it. The WFT ceiling is six wins at the very best. Why not give Haskins the year -- or at the very least eight or nine games -- to see if he's the guy? Four games under a new regime with no preseason and limited training camp isn't enough of a sample size to deem him a bust yet, IMHO.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Is it weird that Smith started as the #3 on that depth chart? I know Rivera has familiarity with Kyle Allen from Carolina, but it's not like he set the world on fire and won a ton of games. I realize it was a nice story when Smith made the team, but if he can play, he should probably be in there ahead of Allen, and if he can't play, he should probably still be on IR or cut.

Draft saved Draft deleted