1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5: Drunk Namath on sidelines > sober Namath on radio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cubbiebum, Oct 4, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In case the Steelers needed a little more doom and gloom, not only is Harrison out, but backup Jason Worilds will probably sit out Sunday, too. That forces Lawrence Timmons to the outside, with Larry Foote taking over inside. So, instead of Farrior and Foote taking turns being useless, they get to do it together.

Guess the Titans will find that running game this weekend.

The only positive is that maybe getting some time at his natural position will wake Timmons up.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"I think the 'dream team,' that word is dead now," Vick said Wednesday as Philadelphia (1-3) began practice for its game at Buffalo Sunday. "Can't talk dream team anymore. Maybe it put pressure on some players; maybe it didn't. But I think just the fact that it was lingering around and people were talking about it creates a sense of pressure.

"So I think it's over now. I think we're one of the teams that has to scratch and kick from the bottom to try to figure out how we're going to get ourselves back to a position where we can compete with the best teams in the league."

3. Did you see where he dropped 40 pounds to CLOSER to his playing weight of 365?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Have you seen Trai Essex? if you're going to stick a fat slob out there, at least go with the one who has actually been a decent player in the past. Looks like he's going to start, too.

May not matter. The defense was a mess to begin with and they are going to be without Harrison, Casey Hampton (shoulder) and Aaron Smith (foot) Sunday. Doug Legursky will be back just in time to replace once-again-injured Chris Kemoeatu at left guard. Third-down back Mwelde Moore has also been ruled out due to a sore ankle and Rashard Mendenhall is questionable due to the hamstring injury from last week.

Starks and Larry Foote back into the starting lineup? Fine if it's 2008, but probably not so good now. This team was in trouble when it was healthy, and it ain't healthy.

5. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Stupid roommate is a damn Detroit Tigers fan. I explained to him when I moved in that Sunday is football, all day for 17 weeks of the year. Tonight he tells me he WILL be watching the Tigers on Sunday night. He may very well be but he'll need to go to the bar.

Making it worse is that he is the type of fan that 1. has to be drunk the whole game 2. literally yells after every pitch that either isn't called a strike when his team is pitching or a ball when his team is batting.

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Nick Fairley practicing, might surprise everyone by playing Monday. I think that's been the team's plan all along.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Refs better be sure they have enough flags on hand for that thug.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Detroit is closer to Pittsburgh than Scranton.

Geography fail.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bad Eli back with a vengeance for the Giants.

10. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I love Bad Eli!

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bad everybody is back for the Eagles.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good Eli's back. Goddamnit. #NobodyCaresAboutMyFantasyTeam

Draft saved Draft deleted