1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Sep 23, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I could see the rest of the NFC being such a mishmash that three of the four teams from the West make it.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Vikings put Matt Cassel on season-ending IR. So it's Teddy Bridgewater's team now:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2014/09/24/matt-cassel-injured-reserve-minnesota-vikings-teddy-bridgewater/16144405/

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

As a Colts fanboi looser, I ask any Bammers here to please explain how Trent Richardson can be so terrible. He pauses and stutter-steps EVERY TIME before hitting a hole, which of course is usually closed by the time he gets there. He's big, but the freakin' Jagoffs stuffed him easily twice in a row on the goal line. (Andrew Luck is the only Colts player with a rushing TD.) Certainly, there's a long list of college greats who stiffed in the NFL, but Richardson seems especially noticeable, given two teams have bet the house (and lost) on him.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Fat

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's really hard to explain. He seems like the perfect running back prospect. Fast enough and built like a brick shit house.

My only explanation is that the knee surgeries robbed him of some speed and agility, but there's got to be more to it than that. Could be smoking too much pot.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Fat drugs.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

When the Colts traded for Richardson last year I thought it was a complete steal and that they were putting together an offensive nucleus that was going to bring them multiple titles over the next decade.

Holy shit has he sucked.

I think Cleveland knew something.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That last statement is a pretty shocking one because the Browns never seem to know anything, but it does seem that way.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Bama's never exactly been a RB factory.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They're NEVER going to waste two really good teams in the same game, over there. The trip is an unfair burden on any side with serious Super aspirations.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

A lot of people thought it was a terrible trade for the Colts. Is there a RB playing right now that would get you a first?

Draft saved Draft deleted