1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Former Steeler.
    #dodgedabullet

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Gotta love it. Gordon's penalty is reduced even though the offenses that earned the year-long ban happened well before the new deal was agreed upon, but he is likely to avoid the mandatory two-game suspension for DUI called for by the new deal because.....it happened before the agreement? New rules. Same old inconsistent enforcement by the NFL.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Place your bets! The Roger Goodell Wheel o 'Justice is about to spin!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Don't you know Goodell wishes he was *anywhere* else along about now? A cruise ship with rampant intestinal infections would be more fun than his office chair.

5. No ATM?

Fail.

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

I'm going to postulate that it wasn't strictly Goodell's call. I suspect that case came up in the negotiations with the NFLPA.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

From the ESPN.com story...

Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman said the team is in the "midst of a trying situation."
    "We have attempted to be very thoughtful and intentional about this," Gettleman said. "Our overriding goal has always been to do the right thing."

Wonder if "always" includes the time from July to this week? It's amazing to me that these people keep saying shit like this. Truly amazing.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Nobody is saying anything publicly -- because, shit, it's the 49ers and the league office and why would they answer any questions? -- but there's a video here that seems to indicate the inappropriate language that got Kaepernick a flag and an $11,000 fine was that he was telling a Bears player to "back the fuck up."

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/09/17/kpix-5-video-may-show-san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernicks-inappropriate-language-at-chicago-bears-player-lamarr-houston-levis-stadium-santa-clara-fine-penalty/

That would be the height of ridiculosity.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There has to be more than that, doesn't there?

If not, that's one of the most ridiclous call I've ever seen.

10. Morris816

Morris816 Member

NFL: Where we regularly punish players for cursing and the smallest uniform violation without a thought, but when it comes to domestic violence and child abuse, we make it up as we go along.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This fucking league.....

We tune in to watch FOOTBALL! Not 26 penalties accepted and around 40 flags thrown (SF-Chi game). Back the F up???? You have got to be kidding me.

This chickenshit stuff is going to turn me off, not the fact Ray Rice beats his wife.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I assumed it was the n word, guess not. Back the fuck up is ridiculous for a flag, let alone a fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted