1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

New drug policy approved, so Wes Welker, Orlando Scandrick, among others, will be back this week. Josh Gordon's suspension reduced to 10 games:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000396116/article/nfl-union-agree-on-revised-drug-policy?campaign=Twitter_atn

2. Morris816

Morris816 Member

It's a weak argument based on the fact that Chris Simms played for Denver when Josh McDaniels was coaching. Chris played well in the preseason, but when he got the call to start after Kyle Orton was injured, Chris was a deer in the headlights.

I'm a Bronco fan but I think the claims that Phil Simms is biased against the Broncos are silly. I still don't care for Phil as an analyst, but his poor job has more to do with his tendency to buy into the narrative.

As it pertains to the Chiefs, it goes like this: Chiefs go from last place to first place after Andy Reid takes over as head coach and Alex Smith becomes the starting QB. Thus is born the narrative that all you need is a great coach and the right QB and you have found the magic formula for winning, and Phil Simms buys into it and can't bring himself to admit to the weaknesses on the Chiefs roster as it currently stands.

Along with that, I do think Phil is too sympathetic to QBs who get the "game manager" label applied to them, and some do apply that label to Smith.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

See the Delaware who was a Colts' collapse from hitting a 15-team Delaware parlay?

http://espn.go.com/espn/chalk/story/_/id/11540512/bettor-loses-100k-payday-5-bet-philadelphia-eagles-last-second-win

I feel for the guy... SO close.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I don't praise Cutler often, but after taking that hit to the chest Sunday night, he played outstanding.

Even better, the Bears defense showed signs of life ... or at least the ability to accept Kaep's gifts.

We'll see if they can do it again in New Jersey.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Who is being hurt by this?
    I am responding to his insults. I contribute plenty to these threads.
    You guys might reach more of your goals by not speaking to everyone like they're fucking children.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

That was arguably the best performance of Cutler's career.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Given the stakes and what everyone assumed he would do, he had a hell of a game in the season finale last year. Then Chris Conte happened.

8. Steak Snabler

Here's your test case ... Cardinals running back Johnathan Dwyer was apparently arrested for domestic violence today:

https://twitter.com/tylerbaldwin/status/512348339136757760/photo/1

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Cardinals will be able to say "Shit, if they're playing Ray McDonald, we're playing Dwyer."

10. Steak Snabler

Maybe so, but McDonald was never charged.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He was arrested, though.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus Christo, what a fucking day in the NFL.

Draft saved Draft deleted