1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3: The Daniel Jones Era begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 17, 2019.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

OOP-
    The 1986 team was 4-9 before winning two of its final games.
    That was a bad team too.
    The teeth of the Malone years.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Even if the Redskins didn't have injuries - they'd still be a last place team. I don't know how a roster can be this bad this far into a coaching tenure (unless the GM is trying to dump him). They are the kings of the "I always wondered whatever happened to that guy."

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hey, Bears, play some fucking defense please. Way too much time left for this bullshit.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Some Native American elder should agree to lift the curse on the franchise if they change their name. Its not so much that the name is undignified and racist - but embarassing for Native Americans to be associated with such garbage.

HanSenSE and Batman like this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I think they heard you.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thank God. Had the Bears -5 to try and get even this weekend, and that was about to get a little too close for comfort. I was getting nervous when the Redskins had the two-point try to cut it to 11, and a 28-24 final was in sight. Especially with the Bears trying to run-run-run and milk the clock.
    Don't think the Redskins would've gone for two to cut it to 28-23 and create a push, but it sucks having to sweat out a game that was 28-0 at one point.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Fail to the Redskins.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

3-13 is the absolute ceiling for that Redskins team. At Dolphins, home for Jets, one of the Giants games. That's it. Those are their only real chances for wins, and I'm not sure they even get all three of those. It's OK, Snyder will find some retread coach out in the ether to replace Gruden and the cycle will begin anew.

It's become increasingly difficult to justify my lifelong fandom for that franchise, other than I grew up in the area. I'm not done supporting, but I'm not going to actively watch until they show a shred of life. (Kind of the way I am with another of my teams, the Orioles, right now.) I had it on a small TV last night while I was watching something on Netflix and went to bed at halftime, so I missed most of the misery.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I remember that era well. I was a little too young to fully appreciate the '70s. The '80s were when I really became a fan. I was just stopping at the only 5-11 season in the team's history. To find another season with five or fewer victories, you have to go back to the days of a 14-game schedule and the very beginning of Noll's tenure as head coach. The Steelers went 1-13, 5-9 and 6-8 in his first three seasons and haven't had more than two losing seasons in a row since.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The whole sequence is a joyous (doesn't happen often) celebration of Philly. Agholor gets it. Any athlete who survives in Philly has to either accept the madness, or rise above it as Iverson did (and Dick Allen back in the say).

Draft saved Draft deleted