1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3: The Daniel Jones Era begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 17, 2019.

1. You can NOT convince me Kaep his a worse option than Delvin Hodges or Paxton Lynch.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Do you think Villanueva would even want to protect Kaepernick's blind side? :)

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That would be dumb.

4. Steelerjack:
    The defense has 10 No. 1 draft picks.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

one on one

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lazy reasoning and lacks context.

7. outofplace

I thought it was nine, but I had forgotten that Tyson Alualu was a first-rounder by the Jaguars in 2010. Two of those 10 first-round picks, Burns and Alualu, are backups with little opportunity to be more. Bush isn't really starting, but he plays a lot.

Hopefully, Fitzpatrick can live up to his draft status. Watt and Heyward have done that and Haden is a good player, but the rest are disappointments.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Do better.

9. Exactly!
    This defense is a major disappointment!
    The ability to pick quality in 1st draft pick has been a lot of misses.
    Why I love the Fitzpatrick trade.

10. outofplace

There have been some bad choices like Burns, but this has been a badly-coached defense for a long time. Keith Butler is a terrible defensive coordinator. I still don't understand how he made it past the loss to the Jaguars in the 2017 playoffs. The Steelers have been suffering from ugly breakdowns in coverage from the very first game after they pushed Dick LeBeau out the door and it still happens far too often. That is one of my concerns regarding the Fitzpatrick deal. It is tough to get a player integrated into your defense during the season and I certainly don't trust Butler to do it properly. His schemes make little sense, often making it way too easy for opponents to create mismatches. He never seems to make useful in-game adjustments and the communication breakdowns happen far too often.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

lol

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted