1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 running thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zimbabwe, Sep 20, 2007.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

We left off in Week 2 with RokSki rejoicing in the Eagles' crapulence...

I'm looking forward to the Sunday night game, and praying for signs of life ---- even vegetative life ---- from the Bears offense.

Grossman is on thin ice.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Time to find out if the Chiefs are as awful as I think they are. If they can't beat Minnesota at Arrowhead, the answer will be definitively affirmative.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Cowboys' offense vs. Bears' defense is a great matchup.

I like the Cowboys, though. Like Trent Green, Grossman won't be able to exploit Dallas' Mickey Mouse secondary.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Can the Chargers offense right the ship, or will Green Bay go to 3-0?
    Will the Bengals be able to score the 60 points they'll need to win?

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

The problem is that it has been Bears defense vs. Bears offense.

The turnovers, the timing and location of the turnovers, and an inability to sustain drives puts a ton of pressure on that defense.

See: 2006 and especially 2005 (the "despite Orton" season).

Some holes in that Bears secondary vs. Chiefs were papered over thanks to a legit, but inconsequential, illegal shift penalty.

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

That first question is one of the more compelling plot lines of the weekend, to be sure.

Favre hasn't really been hit yet this season. I think the Chargers get to him.

(and as a /bearsfanboyloser, I hope they get to him)

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I surprised myself by picking the Vikings in my weekly pool. That defense is very good and the Chiefs really suck.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hard to pick a team with no QB on the road, though.

Even against the Chiefs.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The NYC area NFL teams will have be in craptastic matchups.

Dolphins vs. Jets in a battle of 0-2 AFC East rivals. Somebody's gotta win, unless these sucktastic teams battle to a tie.

Giants at Redskins. You're kidding, right? The only way Big Blew can win this game...screw it, there's no way they win this fucking game.

My picks for the week, including bolded best bets!

Philadelphia, NY Jets, New England, Baltimore, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, San Diego, Minnesota, Cleveland, Denver, Cincinnati, Washington, Carolina. Dallas and New Orleans.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

You're totally mis-billing the Jets-Dolphins game: It should be billed as the battle for second place in the AFC East. And I'm sure the Giants' vaunted secondary will make Jason Campbell look like Johnny Unitas.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That just makes it fair...since the Chiefs don't have a quarterback, either.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm pretty psyched that the Redskins have a seriously legit chance at 3-0. Even after I picked 5-11 before the season. Hey, I've been through this rodeo before ...

Draft saved Draft deleted