1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 running thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Sep 15, 2006.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Let me clarify one thing. I do not see Roethlisberger as a good leader exactly because of the accident. Never mind that it was caused by an illegal turn by the driver of the car he hit, he didn't need to be riding the thing at all, much less without a helmet.

My point is that he was a much better quarterback than most people gave him credit for last year and the dropoff due to physical trauma he has been through the last few months due to the accident and the appendectomy is the main reason the Steelers are 0-2.

Still, the off-field situation for the Bengals is much worse with a pattern of behavior from a number of players on the team.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Between the bandwagon post and this, what the fuck are you talking about?

The Titans lost to the Dolphins. Big fucking deal. I said the Titans were the worst team NORTH of Tampa. What does their losing to the Dolphins have to do with what I posted?

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

and you, back to everything flying over your head.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You had the Stallworth bandwagon... and the Vick bandwagon.... what's the next one that you are going to release in your lead-pipe cinch pick of the week?

Also If you think that Tennessee is better than any team in Tampa or south, you have two-dozen screws loose.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, duh, I've been leading the Mets are going to suck in October bandwagon since about Apr. 15.

As for Tennessee vs. Tampa, it was a random comparision of two terrible teams. I'm not staying up nights wondering who sucks more. Don't really care.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Lot of "If Not Fors..." for Bengals fans spanning before that....

"Lewis Billups dropping the interception in SB XXIII...."

"Charles Alexander running his flat pattern 4 feet short of the end zone in SB XVI...."

just for starters...

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I understand.... but your point would have been stronger about Henry without the qualifier. So, that was why I wondered about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted