1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 running thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not feeling near as confident about that, given the Monday night shutout, but I stand by it simply because this seems like a game the Steelers need to have more. And they can't be near as bad as they were in Jacksonville, right?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Right. Roethlisberger will get better, though I am not sure about the running game. The Steelers will do better than Monday simply for the fact they are not facing a stifling Jaguars defense early in the season when their offense is trying to catch up.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I was in the Bay Area earlier this week and the radio station was carrying an ad for Sunday's 49ers-Eagles game on Sunday. T.O. STILL got a mention in it.

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

We're in a sorry state of affairs as a sports society in regard to nicknames. Now everybody is just initials and abbrevations. T.O. A-Rod. D-Wade. K.G. How inventive, descriptive and witty. Wherefore art thou, Death to Flying Things and Le Grande Orange ?

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Bengals will sorely miss Pollack, Jackson and Thurman on defense, so the keys are Sam Adams to stop the run, Deltha O'Neal and Tory James to sit on Hines Ward and Justin Smith to get to Roethlisberger. The Bengals weaknesses appear to be on the left side, so the Steelers may try to exploit that.

That said, the Bengals will score. Maybe not 34, but they'll get at least 21. Can anybody expect Pittsburgh's offense to score 21 points? For Pittsburgh to win, they'll need some big plays from their defense.

Think about this Steeler fans, if not for a fluke 85-yard TD pass to your tight end, your team would be 0-2 right now.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not sure about that. Steelers still could have scored on that drive, just not on one play. And that 1-1 record isn't the worst thing in the world -- they haven't had a free pass like the Bengals or Ravens yet, playing the Browns. ;)

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I thought the Browns games were exhibition games? :D

8. Thinking Man

Thinking Man Member

Is there a more pathetic organization than the Detroit Lions?

9. Claws for Concern

This year? Raiders. By far.

10. Thinking Man

Thinking Man Member

I'm talking overall, on a year-to-year basis. The Lions haven't been to the SB ever or won a championship in 50 years! They have one friggin playoff win in my lifetime (and I'm on the otherside of 40). And Matt Millen is the GM!! I mean, no wonder FoMoCo is going in the crapper!!

11. Claws for Concern

True dat! Lions will be Cryin' again this year

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You could say the Green Bay Packers, should they lose to the Lions this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted