1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3: Marcus Dupree Did Not Wear This Number ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hell, the league's done it to Halloween Al for years.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Sometimes you wonder if Goodell has ever really watched football.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

So, which member of the Chiefs suffers a season-ender this week?

Chiefs fans hope it's not Cassell; The way he's playing, they are a virtual lock to get Luck.

My money's on McClester.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I could see Dwayne Bowe finding a way to beg out of this mess.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's difficult for Bowe to get hurt when he's just running patterns and not catching the ball.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7003532/antonio-garay-san-diego-chargers-fined-15k-hit-tom-brady-new-england-patriots

Look at the FUCKING picture. He still has the ball in his hand. How can you deliver a $15,000 fine for a hit (NOT ON HIS HEAD!) when the quarterback still has the fucking ball?

Get out the flags and belts. The NFL is officially the NFFL (National Flag Football League).

Unbelievable.

7. LongTimeListener

Good Lord in heaven, Dan Marino would have thrown for 7,000 yards in 1984 under these rules.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This is so right, and this is killing me, and I know nobody cares about my damn fantasy team, but it is REALLY killing me.

Quickly becoming the definition of "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane."

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I think most KC residents are probably hoping it's Todd Haley....

10. LongTimeListener

This is really the time when the Chiefs get their best young players out of harm's way and wait for a season that isn't headed down the drain. The Raiders did that for two years with McFadden (or McFadden did it for himself), and now he has his legs when it matters.

I would say the Seahawks need to do this too, but they don't have any good players.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Does anyone doubt that if that hit was on Matt Cassel or Luke McCown instead of Brady, there's no fine? The NFL WANTS its officiating to be as biased and borderline crooked as NBA officiating.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

In fairness, it was an illegal hit. Dispute the rule if you like (IIRC, he was blocked from behind and hit Brady as he fell. What's he supposed to do?), but that hit was on the knee which is clearly illegal.

Draft saved Draft deleted