1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 Thread: Tim Couch is married to a Playboy Playmate and you're not

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 13, 2011.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Were you a fan of the Cardinals win on Sunday or did the lack the requesite class that you need from your team?

2. Who brought up the Cardinals? My God, let it go.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That didn't strike me in the least as a chickenshit lie or cover up. Seemed more like it was said with a knowing wink and a nudge, nudge.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The analysis I read (PFT maybe? Or wire story?) was that because the Patriots sell alcohol, they cannot promote the excessive consumption of alcohol. So the hypersensitive reaction could have been what the team official saw as a legal thing.

That said, I agree that Brady should just never say anything that offers even a hint of personality, because every time he does it just bites him in the ass.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Like Brady cares what people think about what he said. And he shouldn't. His critics are officious, self-righteous, hypocritical asses.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

That's what I was thinking. He was hanging out at the Mansion instead of studying the Bears playbook. And I guess she digs lousy quarterbacks.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is it true that she's now dating Alex Smith?

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

TTIWWP (of Couch's dame)

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Such a great guy. Interesting quote down low:

"Coming from the West Coast, you don't know how big the media is on the East Coast. I've been doing what I've been doing for several years, with little or no attention over there," he says. "Then, all you do is get on a plane, and everything changes."

It's true. He has been doing all this stuff for so long -- especially the college trip for underprivileged kids, which is just so cool -- but it was so little-known. I don't know if he has been to the White House Correspondents Dinner yet, but I bet he snags an invite this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted