1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread -- Father Lumpkin is undefeated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 15, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That Ravens- Chiefs game was fantastic.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Same guy. Paul Allen on KFAN. As a Packers rube, the Nate Poole game is kind of the peak schadenfreude moment in franchise history. That said, I've lived in Minnesota for six years now and even though I still don't like the Vikings, I gained no joy from yesterday (which I missed anyway on a 'fall No Packers Game Today adventure expedition'). Part of that is because the Vikings having kicking problems is like watching Sideshow Bob step on the rake over and over again and part of it is because PA puts on a cheerful and knowledgeable 9-noon show on KFAN. I could do without his giving a microphone to Matt Birk, who's something of a right-wing Catholic fundamentalist, on a weekly basis, but the show is generally fun and uncynical. I don't know what the away radio broadcast position at Arizona is like but I'm told most of them are crap in the NFL and that missed call was a bad angle. He also said since that he normally looks to the refs for a cue and jumped the gun.

But if you want to keep dunking, enjoy these classics. As someone who also hates the Lions, this was a 2-for-1. I named my fantasy team "Ponder Passing" that year.

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

don't give a damn about the games but Berman in the NFL Primetime studio in 2021 = not good, as he would say.

HanSenSE and heyabbott like this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Would this be a good game to check our the Manning channel?

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I hope he or she has a wealthy friend who can help hedge that bet.

MileHigh likes this.
  8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The Mannings aren’t intentionally trashing the Lions but they kept saying how easy it was to attack their defense

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That's what I'm watching!

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Excuse my gambling ignorance. Might this person still be in line for the a payday if he or she stood 15-for-15 and had picked the only plausible outcome in the Lions-Packers game?

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I believe this is called an evergreen statement.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Did the Lions forget their silver pants and have to buy a bunch of plain white pants on Amazon?

Draft saved Draft deleted