1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Sep 10, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Can't believe the number of people picking the Patriots to win. The Jets replace Chad Pennington with Brett Favre; the Patriots replace Tom Brady with a guy whose only start since high school came as a tight end! And people still think the Patriots will win. Ridiculous.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You think they're going to work for that crazy old man at any price?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I mentioned this before, but if not for a fluke TD last week, the Jets would have lost to the Dolphins. Across the board, the Patriots have more talent than the Jets. If Cassel doesn't suck, the Pats have a very good shot to win the game. I think Favre can exploit the Pats' secondary, but, at the same time, Belichick's game plans are tailor made to stop an all-or-nothing guy like Favre.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

As for Carroll and the Raiders, that guy's got the best coaching job in America at USC. He'd be insane to ever leave L.A.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

True. he's already running a pro team and gets to hand pick the roster.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Links not working for me. What's the story about?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Guy who drafted him dropped him to pick up Cassel. I wanted him, but was too chickenshit to drop Hasselbeck or Palmer after one week, so he stayed out there for a few days. Everybody else went for running backs and receivers on the waiver wire this week, and this league only allows a limited number of moves each week.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I see the NFL switched to GU helmet stickers instead of the rather large jersey patches.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, Peyton.

10. TheSportsPredictor

How about Colts missing the playoffs this year?

11. TheSportsPredictor

Bears up to their old tricks. Punt blocked for TD.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

And when the Seahawks miss the playoffs, maybe coaches will realize that a lameduck year isn't a good idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted