1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Sep 10, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I hate to say must win this early in the season, but if San Diego falls back two games on Denver this week it could be a long year for Norv.

Even more urgent is the Browns beating the Steelers. Pittsburgh could go up two on the Browns and have a win on the Browns' field.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I agree; the Browns have their backs to the wall already.

And count me among those who think the wrong team (N.Y. Jets) is favored in the game at The Meadowlands.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Saints, honestly, are looking the most Super Bowl-ish of all at the moment. The trip to Washington should be a breeze for that potent offense, even without Colston in the fold. Robert Meachem should step up and contribute something, finally.
    And breaking with tradition, columnists and beat reporters everywhere have been writing all week on the Saints DEFENSE.
    Go figure.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That one is big for both teams. The Browns may be 0-1, but they already played one of the toughest opponents on their schedule, the Cowboys, a team the Steelers still have to face.

The Steelers made the playoffs last year only because the Browns couldn't beat them. With a schedule that tough, they might need to sweep Cleveland again this year to make it back.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It was Madden '05, the last one I bought before realizing that it's the same thing every year.

6. No worries.
    In Troy I trust!

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Vikings' running game should look even better this week now that Colts' Ed Johnson is about to be waived.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Any word on Ravens-Texans yet?

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

The Houston Texans website is saying the game is still on as scheduled but says it will post updates Thursday afternoon.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Ridiculous that Dallas, San Antonio or Indy haven't already been announced as the site.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Honestly, as someone with tickets to the game, that would piss me off royally. Just postpone the darn thing, don't move it.

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Texans game moved to Monday night, 8:30 p.m. EDT: http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4630

Draft saved Draft deleted