1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 running thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Chris Gamble made one of the most idiotic plays I've ever seen at the professional level.

The lateral was terrible, the Vikes got it, used a trick play for a TD, sent it into OT. You know the rest by now.

What made me even more mad was that Gamble was sent back to return the next punt after giving the ball away on the lateral.

Unbelievable. :mad:

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Bears win. The limb I went out on snapped. .. I do, however, concur with dreunc. Bears have played two softies.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, and have destroyed them. :D

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Can they even derive much respect if they give the Panthers and Seahawks (two big disappointments) a shit kicking in their next two weeks, What will it take?

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Guess that depends on which side of the ball you were on. ;)

But I agree, that was a STOOPID play by Gamble. I saw a similar play in a high school game last season and the player who goofed was benched.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i'm glad the nfl appologists here have informed us there are no blowouts or bad nfl games -- as i get arizona-seattle and new england-new york as my only two options of nfl football right now. it is fantastic! yea nfl!

7. KP

KP Active Member

If the Jets played the Dolphins, I don't think there were would 100 total yards in the game.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And this is the Jets team we all expected to see...

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Jets are within 10 now. Wake up the ghost of Jimmy Hoffa!

10. healingman

healingman Guest

In case this hasn't been said on the board today, I'll be first up. The Texans suck and wish they had Reggie Bush now.

David Carr is going to need back surgery before too much longer.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If Texans management knew football, they would have traded the No. 1 overall pick for multiple picks and put together an offensive line.

Reggie Bush, for as talented as he is, would not have made a lick of difference running behind that line.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Jets have a short field, still down 10. This game doesn't suck at all anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted