1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 running thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The Bears are legit. And yes, I'm a Bears homer, but I really believe Rex is the real deal. I never for a second bought into all this Brian Griese garbage. Grossman's problem isn't that he's not good, it's that he can't stay healthy. I can'f for the life of me understand why there are fans out there who were actually clamouring for Griese to be the starter. This has been Greise's M.O. his entire career: Look good while performing poorly. At ever stop (Denver, Miami, Tampa) he's managed to underachieve after countless trees were killed declaring that he'd "figured it out" and "was ready to be a leader" and "appears to be the answer." Brian Greise sucks. That's a fact. It's not the system, it's not a matter of circumstance, he just isn't a consistently good quarterback. And I'm so glad Rex is playing well early on, because as long as he's healthy, I'd rather see if he's actually worth a damn before I'm forced to watch Brian Greise muck things up week after week, when I already know he's not worth a damn.

Bears fanboy rant over.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

What exactly are you thinking about. That return killed my fantasy football team for points. Luckily thought Dallas has since picked up a sack and INT.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:eek:

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I could live with a season where the Chargers and the Bears are on a collision course. COCKDIAN's idol LT and the Chargers D have done me right in my fantasy league. Now if I could only figure out what I was thinking with Mark Brunell ...

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Eagles' D was also without two of its top three CBs. I don't think Philly's top option was to have Joselio Hanson guarding Burress. Call me crazy.

If you're looking for a goat in that game, it's Trent Cole. His inexplicable personal foul gave Feely a chip shot instead of a 50-yarder - for someone who's not exactly the NFL's most money kicker.

6. madame_xxx

madame_xxx New Member

Edwards could fill the void left by the departure of Antonio "Oops" Bryant.

7. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I feel bad for the Brown's they just can't seem to get anything right since Andre "bad moon" Rison. When they have a quarterback they have no running game and when they have the quarterback and a decent running back they have no offensive line. Just one of these years they might get it right but that day seems a long way away at this point. Go Charlie Fyre you my boy from Akron.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

DD, that is interesting you pointed that out about Grossman (from a Bears fanboy to another). The reason why I highlighted this is to ask this question: Is it me or do I have this notion that despite T.O.'s antics, he can't seem to stay healthy for an entire year? If someone can look up the # of games he has played since 2000, I'm sure that he seems to be injury-prone almost every year. Tonight, it's his ring finger that is broken. When healthy, he is freaky good, but sustaining injuries is what might be the wild card from him not getting the top WR/TE money he feels he deserves.

Am I nuts in making this observation??

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I was listening to Sal's report on the Iggles/G-Men game. He called Eli's GW TD throw in OT a "walkoff TD."

What the fuck? Call me a traditionalist since I still refer a GW HR in baseball a GW homer, but taking the "walkoff" term and incorporating that into football is a bit silly.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No wonder T.O. kept dropping passes last night. He broke his finger -- out a month.

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Huh? Two years ago, i noted the Chargers got fat off a joke of a schedule and that they would lose in the first round of the playoffs (this was a thread in like week 10). They lost the first round home game to the Jets. I'm not seeing your point here.

12. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Bears fans: Wins over Green Bay and Detroit do not a season make.

I'd say the two worst teams in the league, at this juncture, are Tennessee and Oakland, with the Texans probably 3rd and the Packers 4th. The Jets at least have fight, the Bucs will probably win six games, and the Bills and that defense just might, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted