1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2: Nobody any good wore this number

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Sep 11, 2012.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

Say what you want about Cutler, but the fact is the guy is an actual NFL quarterback, which is more than you can say for quite a number of the gentlemen who lined up under center on Sunday.

2. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Drug test Clay Matthews.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Lions were 5-0 last year when Jim Schwartz mouthed "learn the rules" as Jim Harbaugh was arguing with the refs. Since then they are 6-7 with one embarrassing handshake, about a dozen embarrassing player meltdowns, a defense that can't stop anybody and a quarterback who is moving toward the "interception machine" label.

Sunday night game, Lions at 49ers.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You don't believe that.

The Packers are beat up. If Sunday's game was any indication, there's the potential for Forte to have a huge game and if the Bears can control the clock the way the Niners did, they can win. I'm not saying they will, but I'll be very surprised if the game isn't close. Granted, the Bears don't have the kind of defense that the Niners have.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I love watching the Niners play. Reminds me of the way the best teams played the game during my childhood.

6. Mizzougrad96

As a Niners fan, I'm biased, but that defense is fun to watch. They significantly upgraded the receivers during the off-season. I'm still stunned that Gore is still that effective, although whether he can stay that way for an entire season seems optimistic, although Kendall Hunter is a hell of a backup and I don't think they even played LaMichael James on Sunday.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Schwartz is getting his karma thrown right back in his face and I love it. If it were not for the Raiders, his Lions would be ripped for being the most undisciplined team in the league. They struggled to beat an awful Rams team at home.

The Niners are going to be disciplined and ram the ball right up the gut while Suh and his mates emulate Gastineau at his finest getting up the field while the back goes right by them for 10.

Packers should not be complaining, they get two home dates right out of the gate plus 10 days off until Game 3.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This Niners team reminds me of the '84 Bears.

9. Mizzougrad96

Although the Niners can't lose to the Niners in the NFC Championship Game... :D

If you mean they're a year away, I kind of agree...

10. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo
    Referees in the Oakland-SD game missed giving the Raiders one final "untimed" play after the punt to end the game, NFL said Tuesday.

11. Mizzougrad96

I think they have a right to complain, but I'm sure as hell not complaining about getting a Thursday night game like that this early in the season.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The runaway winner. Next.

Draft saved Draft deleted