1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17 Thread: Red Badgro would have played in snow and ice

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Nice. I'll put up $100 against your dime. Where do I sign up?

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Well, the Steelers didn't take long to get on the board.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And they kicked off.

Pass
    Pick
    Long bomb

4. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Mangini sure can coach em up. They really look like they're trying to save his job, too. And if Rob Ryan is really interviewing with Carolina I hope they're not watching this game.

5. 93Devil

If it keeps up like this, the Browns should refund the cost of the tickets to their fans.

Do the Browns realize how much a Pittsburgh loss today would fuck over the Steelers?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If anyone knows what this should've been called, please tell me. From the Detroit-Minny game.
    Detroit player dives for the end zone and has the ball knocked out. It goes into the end zone, where a Minnesota player recovers it -- except his feet appear to be out of bounds as he's gathering it in (it was in the top corner of the end zone and he fell on it with no one else around him).
    Apparently it was ruled a fumble (correctly), a Minnesota recovery and a touchback, and replay upheld that ruling.
    If the Vikings guy was out of bounds, what is the correct call?

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The Browns seem like the SMU of the NFL, in that the franchise got the equivalent of the death penalty, and has never been able to recover its past glories.

8. 93Devil

And now Cribbs is hurt.

I would say this could be a low point for Cleveland fans, but, well...

9. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Nah, Cribbs has been banged up all year. Pretty much a non-factor. He's playing out of pride(aka trying to meet his incentives)

10. 93Devil

And with an 18-week schedule, that would mean Cleveland and Carolina would be dragged out for two more weeks.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They've had past glories?
    If you make the SMU comparison, they would've had to get the death penalty in 1972, not 1995.

12. 93Devil

It was 45-50 years ago, but they were great with Brown and Graham.

Draft saved Draft deleted